How To Play
Step 1 - Make Picks
BetScoop's NBA Capper of the Year is easy to play. We list all of the betting lines (spreads) for games happening during the NBA season, you pick the winners. Each matchup will have two choices. Correct answers are worth 1 point. The matchups are subject to change. Be sure to check your picks before they lock (lock time is indicated on each matchup card).
Step 2 - Check Your Scores
When a matchup goes final, assuming you made the pick, you'll either get it correct (1 point), incorrect (0 points), there will be a push (.5 points). No points are awarded because the matchup was cancelled (0 points). Your results for the entire season including the playoffs will be added together, forming your total score for the contest. The leaderboard will update as the matchups are scored. FAQ
Are BetScoop contests free to play?
Yes! Every game we offer is completely free. When do I need to make my picks by?
Each matchup will lock at the time indicated on its card. Up until that point the matchup is unlocked and you're free to change your picks. How do I see if I've won?
The leaderboard tab is the place to see who is the best of the best. If you find yourself in 1st place after all the matchups have been scored then you are BetScoop's NBA Capper of the Year for 2020! Prizes
$1,000 goes to the top finisher of BetScoop's NBA Capper of the Year! See Complete Rules for full details. Complete Rules
BetScoop's NBA Capper of the Year
To enter this Contest, you must agree to and abide by these official rules ("Official Rules").
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR: BetScoop Inc. ("Sponsor"), 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, Delaware 19958, is solely responsible for all aspects of this skill-based contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: BetScoop's NBA Capper of the Year (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older). Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six (6) months, performed services for Sponsor, any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. CONTEST SCHEDULE: The Contest begins at 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") on Tuesday, July 28, 2020 and ends at 12:00 AM EDT on Wednesday, October 14, 2020 (the "Contest Period"). All entries must be received between 12:00 PM EDT on July 28, 2020 and 12:00 AM EDT on October 14, 2020 ("Entry Period"). For purposes of these Official Rules, all times and days are Eastern Daylight Time. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. Overview of Key Dates and Times:
Begin Date: 07/28/20 - 12:00 AM EDT
End Date: 10/14/20 - 12:00 AM EDT
Grand Prize Winner Determination Period: 10/14/20 - 12:01 AM EDT - 10/16/20 - 11:59 PM EDT
4. CONTEST ENTRY: You must be a registered app.betscoop.com ("Member") to enter the Contest. Visit https://app.betscoop.com/contests
("Website"), or the BetScoop App ("BetScoop App"), or the BetScoop App (the "BetScoop App" and together with the Website and BetScoop App, collectively referred to herein as, the "Entry Methods") and select the "Enter" button. You will need to log in with your user name or e-mail address and password; or, if you are not a registered Member, you will need to create an account. If you are not a Member, you may become a Member for free by visiting the Website, clicking on the "Create Account" link and providing the requested information on the registration form.
Once you are logged in, you will be automatically sent back to the entry page on the Website.
Limit of one (1) entries per Member during the Contest Period (regardless of the number of email addresses or registered Member accounts). Multiple entries in violation of the preceding limit and/or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person/Member and perhaps legal and/or other sanctions. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest.
*IMPORTANT: Data rates may apply if Contest entry is submitted via your mobile device according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging/data rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your device's capabilities for specific instructions.
5. HOW TO PLAY: (A) General. The objective of the Contest is to accumulate the most correct answers by correctly choosing the "correct answer" regarding the outcome of game during the NBA season taking place on July 30, 2020 and ending no later than October 13, 2020, ("Pick(s)") for each of the games, (collectively, "Spread Pick(s)") asked during the Contest Period. Each entrant will be asked to answer an open ended "Tiebreaker Question," which will only be used to break a tie, as set forth in Section 7 below. (B) How to make your selections. You may enter your selections via one of the Entry Methods by following the instructions in this "How to Play" Paragraph of the Contest. (C) Scoring. From all eligible sets of Answers received, the winner(s) will be determined based on their ability to accumulate the most points during the Contest Period. Each correct Answer is worth one (1) point. You may change your answers up until the Contest Lock. In order to maximize the opportunity to accrue the most points, register and submit your set of Answers when the contest opens. If an event that corresponds to a scheduled question listed does not occur, no points will be awarded. In all such cases, the Sponsor's decision is final, binding and non-appealable. Ties will be broken in accordance with the Tiebreaker Procedures in Paragraph 6 below. You will not be able to make or change an Answer for any Contest Question once that Contest Question is locked. Your Answers for each Contest Question must be submitted, received and recorded by Sponsor's computer by each Contest Question's lock time. Answers submitted for any Contest Question after that particular Contest Question locks are considered invalid. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this game.
6. PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATION/NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will review all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period to determine which Entry achieves the most points in the Contest based on the correct Answers to the Questions.
Tiebreaker Procedures: In addition to the available games during the season presented to entrants, there will be an open-ended Tiebreaker Question (i.e., not multiple choice) that will be presented during the Entry process, which will not be scored and is only used to break a tie to determine a prize winner. All entrants will be presented with the same Tiebreaker Question during the entry process. If an entrant does not answer the Tiebreaker Question, then in the event of a tie, the entrant's Entry will be forfeited and not included in the tiebreaker procedure set forth below. In the event of a tie between multiple Entries for the Grand Prize set forth below, the tie(s) will be broken as follows. Each tied entrant's response to the Tiebreaker Question will be compared to the actual result from the event that corresponds to the Tiebreaker Question, and the net difference between those numbers for each team's score is added together and will determine the entrant's "Tiebreaker Score." The entrant(s) with the lowest Tiebreaker Score will win (or share, as applicable) the prize.
EXAMPLE: The Tiebreaker Question is "How many points will each team score for a specific game?"; entrant A submits a prediction of 100-84, and entrant B submits a prediction of 102-97. During said tiebreaker game, the game ends in a final score of 105 - 98. In this example, entrant A would have a Tiebreaker Score of 19 (because the difference between entrant A's response to the final score of each team and the actual result is a difference of 19), and entrant B's Tiebreaker Score would be 4. In this scenario, entrant B would win the tie based on the lower Tiebreaker Score.
If after applying this Tiebreaker procedure a tie still remains among two (2) or more entrants (i.e., two (2) or more entrants tie for the lowest Tiebreaker Score), such tied winners will split the applicable prize in equal shares. The decisions of the Sponsor regarding ties and the determination of potential winners are final and binding in all respects.
Each potential winner will be notified by e-mail and/or phone on or about 10/16/20. In order to remain eligible, each potential winner will need to sign and return within five (5) business days, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release (where lawful), as well as other documents that Sponsor may require. If potential winner does not reply to such notification and return the required documents within the applicable time period and/or if the e-mail notification is returned as undeliverable after two (2) attempts, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner selected as per the procedures outlined above (time permitting).
7. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"):
GRAND PRIZE ($1,000.00): ONE (1) WINNER who accumulates the most total points during the Contest Period will be considered the "Grand Prize Winner" and shall receive $1,000.00. In the event that two (2) or more entrants remain tied for the grand prize after applying the Tiebreaker Procedure set forth above, such tied entrants will split the Grand Prize in equal shares. The Grand Prize shall be awarded in the form of a cash payment.
In no event will more than one (1) Grand Prize be awarded; in the event ties remain after applying the Tiebreaker Procedure set forth in Section 7 above, such entrants that remain tied will split the applicable prize in equal shares.
The ARV of all Prizes is: $1,000.00
All federal, state, local and other taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Non-residents of California are subject to the California withholding tax of 7% of the Prize value, when applicable.
8. CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, as well as each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives and each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns, as well as Facebook, Inc., Instagram, LLC and Twitter, Inc. (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity or travel, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any Prize. By entering, entrants also authorize the Sponsor and its designees to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, Prize information (if applicable), biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising and/or promotional material or on a Winners' List/Segment (if applicable) without compensation to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without obligation or compensation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind affecting the Contest in any manner, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor's control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (including entries or otherwise), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual, whether or not the individual is a participant in the Contest, who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In such an event, Sponsor shall conduct the Contest and award the prizes in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Contest will be posted on the Website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry or participation to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website/platform, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any person's computer/mobile device related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Contest. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
Persons entering the Contest further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from participating in the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT THE INDIVIDUAL IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE CONTEST, MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. DISPUTES: To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the awarding of the prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California/Western Division or California State court situated in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook, Inc., Instagram, LLC, or Twitter Inc.